The Strength Edge is the premiere strength sports training facility in Calgary. We are the proud home of many competitive Strongmen, powerlifters, and other athletes. From complete beginners to world class athletes, if you want to get stronger, this is the place to be.
On top of simply a facility, the community itself has many advantages.
- No contract memberships. 24/7, $60/month or $630/year. You are also free to pause your membership while you are on vacation or out of town, saving your credit.
World class coaching. We are the proud home of Calgary Barbell, and many other coaches specializing in Strongman, Conditioning, or general fitness.
- Regular competitions are held. This includes both sanctioned powerlifting/strongman competitions, and random competitions (strength, eating, or otherwise)
- Competition grade equipment in Strongman, Olympic Lifting, Powerlifting, and Grip Sport to support our athletes' training.
- In-house massage, physiotherapy, nutrition, and other treatment modalities with Ripped Hippie Wellness. Direct Billing Available.
- Ownership that is actively involved in strength athletics and not motivated by profit.
- Extremely low rates for freelance personal trainers. (You just pay the gym $10/client/session, they don't have to be members either)
- An interview//referral process for new members, resulting in all members being of good character.
We are always happy to welcome new prospective members. If you like what you read and are interested, feel free to contact us.